No waffle maker? No problem! Hate to make fried chicken? No problem! Feel like some sweet and savory Chicken ‘N’ Waffles? Well then, here you go!
- Frozen Belgian Waffles (1 waffle per serving)
- Tyson Crispy Chicken Strips (2-3 chicken strips per serving)
For the Maple Glaze – (note: this glaze is great on fish or pork as well, so refrigerate leftover sauce to use later):
- 1 cup Spring Tree 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon Emeril’s Dijon or Smooth Honey Mustard
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Wright’s Liquid Smoke
- Serve with Trappey’s Louisiana Hot Sauce on the side.
- Remove the waffles from the freezer and let them thaw slightly while chicken is cooking.
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees. Place desired amount of chicken strips on a prepared baking sheet and cook according to package instructions. For some extra kick, sprinkle both sides of chicken strips with a little cayenne and black pepper before baking.
- While chicken is cooking, heat the ingredients for the maple glaze in a small saucepan. Whisk to combine and bring to simmer, then turn heat to low and cook for about 5 minutes. Turn heat off.
- When chicken is about 5 minutes from being done, turn pieces over to crisp other side. Toast or bake waffles according to package instructions. Re-heat glaze on low heat to warm slightly.
- Place one waffle on a warm plate and drizzle with some Maple Glaze. Then place 2-3 chicken strips on the waffle and top with more Maple Glaze. For an extra kick of heat, add a dash or two of Trappey’s Hot Sauce. YOWZERS!