Dog Blog 50.0 – We’ll Help You with Social Media
Our “Yeah, We Can Do That!” miniseries focuses on some of YellowDog’s lesser-known capabilities. This segment addresses one of the most popular questions we receive – “Can you guys help me with social media?”
We’ll start by saying this is not a question we received 10 years ago. In fact, we scarcely received it five years ago! We used to pull our clients’ teeth to get them to consider activating a social media account, and these days we spend a great deal of time advising, planning, managing, and overseeing many of our clients’ social media channels.
Social media is a touchy subject – not every client wants to deal with it, but these days it’s pretty unavoidable. Most clients are even hesitant to bring the subject up, but when we assure them we can help navigate (or take complete control of) this tricky terrain, they are excited to get on board!
Here’s a look at some of the ways we’ve worked with social media over the years:
- Research – Social media is ever-present, but it’s not for everyone. We don’t want our clients to waste their time and money on social media if it doesn’t fit into their business model. Before we tell you to jump on the bandwagon, we will do our research to see how and if social media is a fit for you. We’ll investigate current trends, your competition, and make a detailed assessment to determine if social media makes sense.
- Persuasion – Let’s say you are ready to begin your social media journey, but everyone else you work with is feeling hesitant about the endeavor. That is completely understandable – sometimes it takes a little persuasion to convince everyone of its benefits. With a great deal of research (we like our research over here!), we can provide the answers to the questions and concerns we’re bound to receive. We’ll provide statistics, case studies, articles, and whatever else we need to prove that social media is a worthy cause for your business. (Note – as we mentioned earlier, social media is not for everyone. We only try to persuade clients who we believe will strongly benefit from a social media presence!)
- Guide – Maybe you’re unsure of what to post, when to post, how to grow your audience, or how to use social media to your advantage. We will gladly provide you with a guide covering topics such as sample posts, topic sources, how to analyze statistics, how to utilize sponsored posts, how to manage advertisements, and more. Some clients simply need a guide to get started, and then take over from there. Others prefer that we provide continuous insight. Either way, we’ll determine a plan that works for you!
- Overhaul – Maybe you started up a Facebook account that you haven’t used since 2006. This is not a lost cause! We can resurrect your social accounts and get them up-to-date and up-to-speed. You don’t always have to start from scratch – this is where coming up with a strategic plan is key.
- Complete management – Some clients want absolutely nothing to do with their social media accounts. After all, they do require a lot of time and engagement (not to mention attention!) We can “ghost post” for clients who want the social media presence without all the work. That’s what we’re here for!