The Recipe Box – Recipe 17.0: Chili Cheese Frito Popcorn
We know, we know. It doesn’t take a genius to make popcorn. But this Chili Cheese Frito Popcorn will delete “boring popcorn” from your vocabulary!
- 12 cups fresh popped popcorn OR 1 bag 3.29 oz bag of microwave popcorn (recommend Orville Redenbacher’s Naturals Simply Salted)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 4 cups Fritos Original OR Chili Cheese flavor
- 2-3 tablespoons Tone’s Chili Powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese OR Mexican blend cheese
- 2-3 tablespoons finely diced jalapeño pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Prepare popcorn and toss with butter, Fritos, and Tone’s Chili Powder. Spread out onto 2 baking sheets. Top with cheese and jalapeños. Bake about 3-5 minutes, or until cheese melts. Season with salt and additional Chili Powder, if desired. Serve immediately.