This lamb burger recipe is a perfectly balanced flavor explosion! A great choice for when you have company because you can prep everything the night before. And if you have any salsa leftover, it’s great with pita chips!
For the Lamb Burgers:
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper (preferably fresh ground)
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary Infused Olive oil (substitute: Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1 tablespoon Sherry
Gently combine all ingredients, form into patties, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before grilling.
For the Salsa:
Prep time: 20 minutes
Place all ingredients in a medium size bowl, gently stir to combine. Chill at least 1 hour, up to overnight, for flavors to meld.
For the Salsa:
- Jar of black olive tapenade
- Four ¾ inch thick slices of olive artisan bread
Brush both sides burgers with a little bit of olive oil before placing on grill. Brush one side of bread slices with olive oil. Remove salsa from fridge to take the chill off.
Preheat grill to high, then turn heat down to medium high. Grill the burgers until slightly charred on one side, at least 5 minutes or so, then flip. Don’t flatten burgers while they are on the grill, and try to only flip once. Everyone’s grill temps are different, so it’s best to keep an eye on the burgers when grilling. Grill to desired doneness and transfer to a plate while grilling bread.
Grill bread, oiled side down, for about 2 minutes or until slightly crisped.
Spread 2-3 tablespoons of tapenade on grilled side of bread. Add a burger and generously top with the salsa. Pour a nice Spanish Rioja and enjoy!